Football at all levels is a competitive sport. Playing for the and being part of team is the most important part of the game. Winning is important but winning at all cost is not an objective of the Club. Darwen Rangers JFC emphasise fair play and respect for everyone involved in the game above all other .
Players have a very important role in ensuring games are played in the right spirit and we believe that every player should aspire to the following standards of behavior..
A player should:
- Set a positive example for others, particularly younger players and supporters.
- Make every effort, consistent with Fair Play and the Laws of The Game, to help their own team win.
- Avoid all forms of gamesmanship, and time-wasting.
- Never use foul language nor tolerate the use by others.
- Know and abide by the rules of the Laws of the game and competition
- Treat opponents with due respect at all times, irrespective of the result of the game.
- Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play, and help injured opponents.
- At the conclusion of any game shake hands with the opponents, irrespective of the result. A handshake is always appropriate
- Accept the decision of the Match Officials without protest.
- Show due respect towards the Match Officials.
- At the conclusion of any game shake hands with the Match Officials and thank them for their efforts, irrespective of the result.
- Abide by the instructions of their Coaches and Team/Club Officials, provided they do not contradict the spirit of Darwen Rangers JFC Codes of Conduct.
- Show respect to the team/club officials of the opposition.
As a member of Darwen Rangers JFC you agree to abide by this charter.